You are here
Luis Enrique assumes blame for Barcelona’s defeat at Celta Vigo Latest News Spanish La-Liga 

Luis Enrique assumes blame for Barcelona’s defeat at Celta Vigo

Luis Enrique says he's to blame after Barcelona leaked four goals away to Celta Vigo for a second season in succession as they were beaten 4-3 at Balaidos on Sunday. The Barca coach rotated his side on the day, leaving Andres Iniesta and Ivan Rakitic on the bench, and saw Celta score three goals in 11 first-half minutes to go into the break in a commanding position. Iniesta came on in the second half to make his 600th appearance for the club and led a spirited fightback, although the Blaugrana's attempts…

Read More
Zinedine Zidane and Luis Enrique more at fault than their players Latest News Spanish La-Liga 

Zinedine Zidane and Luis Enrique more at fault than their players

In his latest column, Guillem Balague reflects on Real Madrid's struggles, Barcelona's mistakes against Celta Vigo, Atletico Madrid's change of approach and answers your questions… Following their 1-1 home draw with Eibar at the weekend, Real Madrid have lost six points in their last three league games and have drawn four consecutive games in all competitions.  Zinedine Zidane says the team is not in crisis but it looks very much like the kind of results that could end up in a crisis. We will have to see how the players react. I am sure Real Madrid will start…

Read More
Barcelona’s Lionel Messi out injured for three weeks with groin strain Latest News Lionel Messi Spanish La-Liga 

Barcelona’s Lionel Messi out injured for three weeks with groin strain

Lionel Messi will be out for three weeks after suffering a groin strain as he limped off in Barcelona's 1-1 draw against Atletico Madrid. The five-time World Player of the Year missed Argentina's World Cup qualifier with Venezuela earlier this month due to the problem and only started Barca's shock 2-1 defeat to Alaves 10 days ago on the bench as coach Luis Enrique bedded him back into action gently. After an innocuous tussle with Atletico's Diego Godin in the second half of Wednesday night's La Liga clash at the Nou…

Read More
Neymar Barcelona transfer case re-opened by Madrid court Latest News Spanish La-Liga 

Neymar Barcelona transfer case re-opened by Madrid court

A Madrid court has re-opened a case into alleged irregularities regarding the transfer of Neymar to Barcelona from Brazilian club Santos. The announcement on Friday came less than three months after National Court judge Jose de la Mata shelved the complaint. The complaint was brought by Brazilian investment group DIS against Brazil international Neymar, his father, former Barcelona president Sandro Rosell and former Santos president Odilio Rodrigues. Prosecutors appealed Mata's decision and judge Angela Murillo Bordallo has ruled that there is still enough evidence to keep the case alive. The…

Read More
Barcelona v Atletico Madrid preview: Samuel Umtiti ruled out of Nou Camp clash Latest News Spanish La-Liga 

Barcelona v Atletico Madrid preview: Samuel Umtiti ruled out of Nou Camp clash

Samuel Umtiti has been ruled out of Barcelona's vital La Liga clash with Atletico Madrid on Wednesday because of a knee-ligament strain. "Umtiti suffered a lateral collateral ligament strain in his left knee during training this morning," a club statement read. The France international's absence opens the door for Javier Mascherano to return alongside Gerard Pique at the heart of the Barca defence. Both sides come into the game in free-scoring form after hitting five past Leganes and Sporting Gijon, respectively. However, Luis Enrique believes Atletico will revert to type…

Read More
Real Madrid favourites to land Chelsea (CESC) star after West Ham snub English Premier League Spanish La-Liga Transfer Window 

Real Madrid favourites to land Chelsea (CESC) star after West Ham snub

REAL MADRID are frontrunners to sign Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas, according to the bookies. The Spain international has been linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge this summer after Antonio Conte left him out of his startling line-up for Monday's Premier League opener against West Ham. Fabregas, who has been a mainstay in the Chelsea midfield since joining for £30million two years ago, was an unused substitute in the 2-1 win over their London rivals. Conte played down speculation surrounding the former Arsenal star's future, insisting he remains part…

Read More
Luis Suarez get competition in attack as Barcelona attemps to land Valencia striker Paco Alcacer Barcelona Latest News Transfer Window 

Luis Suarez get competition in attack as Barcelona attemps to land Valencia striker Paco Alcacer

Barcelona are ready to offer Luis Suarez competition in attack by attempting to land Valencia striker Paco Alcacer (The Sun). Main while Valencia have ruled out selling captain Paco Alcacer this summer amid speculation linking the striker with a move to Barcelona. Barcelona head coach Luis Enrique has made no secret of his desire to sign a new marksman ahead of the 2016-17 La Liga campaign, but the club have so far struggled to land a number of targets. Reports in Spain claim the Catalan giants have now turned their attentions to Alcacer,…

Read More
MAN CITY CLOSE ON BRAVO AS HART EXIT NEARS Barcelona English Premier League Transfer Window 

MAN CITY CLOSE ON BRAVO AS HART EXIT NEARS

Manchester City are closing in on Barcelona stopper Claudio Bravo – which is likely to spell an end to Joe Hart’s time at the Etihad. Pep Guardiola has identified the 33-year-old as his top goalkeeping target after a move for Bravo’s Barcelona team-mate Marc-Andre Ter Stegen was blocked. The Manchester Evening News claims Bravo has a release clause of €42million inserted into his contract – but City are expected to negotiate a fee of around half that amount and have already agreed personal terms with the player’s representatives. The deal is yet to be finalised…

Read More
Adriano Correia leaves FC Barcelona to join Besiktas Barcelona Latest News Transfer Window 

Adriano Correia leaves FC Barcelona to join Besiktas

Adriano Correia leaves FC Barcelona to join Besiktas. The Brazilian full-back leaves after six seasons in which he made 189 appearances, scored 17 goals, and won 16 titles. FC Barcelona and Besiktas JK have come to an agreement for the transfer of Adriano Correia for the amount of €600,000 euros, plus up to €1.7m euros more if Besiktas were to qualify for the UEFA Champions League while Adriano's contract is still in force. The Club wishes Adriano the best of luck with his new team. Adriano began the pre-season with FC Barcelona's first team but did not make the…

Read More
Andre Gomes joins Barcelona from Valencia Barcelona Latest News Transfer Window 

Andre Gomes joins Barcelona from Valencia

Barcelona have completed the signing of Portugal midfielder Andre Gomes from Valencia, both clubs have confirmed. The Portugal international arrived at the Nou Camp on Tuesday night following an announcement last Thursday that a reported deal had been agreed between the two La Liga clubs. He completed the formalities by officially signing his contract on Wednesday morning. The 22-year-old, who was part of Portugal's Euro 2016-winning squad, spent the 2014-15 season on loan at Valencia from Benfica before making the move permanent last summer. He made 78 appearances for Valencia,…

Read More